Journey Dancesport was created with a mission to help align young competitive dancers with their “sports” oriented goals. Many of these athletes have a dream of someday being able to go as far as competing at national and world recognized events such as the AAU Junior Olympic Games. Even the Olympic Games in the future may become within their reach as Dancesport continues the quest to be recognized as a sport.
Journey DanceSport, as a Club Member of AAU Dance, provides a platform to compete on a level that helps all Dance athletes, not just Ballroom , prepare for such achievements as well as being able to compete for the pure joy of the sport. It also fosters teamwork, good sportsmanship and social skills. We are proud to be part of the AAU (Amateur Athletes Union). As an AAU recognized Athletic Club, competitors participating have an opportunity to be part of one of the largest multi-sports organizations in the country. AAU is dedicated to the promotion and development of amateur sports and physical fitness. Their philosophy is Sports for All, Forever.
We are an organization that promotes the value and importance of sports and physical activity in the emotional, physical, social and mental development of children. Participation in sports develops important character traits and life-long values which can positively affect children. We endeavor to educate and empower today’s youth with confidence, commitment and integrity, while instilling the core values of discipline, teamwork, safety, respect, honesty, integrity, kindness and inclusion.
AMATUER ATHLETIC UNION – The AAU was founded in 1888 to establish standards and uniformity in amateur sports. During its early years, the AAU served as a leader in international sport representing the U.S. in the international sports federations. The AAU worked closely with the Olympic movement to prepare athletes for the Olympic games. After the Amateur Sports Act of 1978, the AAU has focused its efforts into providing sports programs for all participants of all ages beginning at the grass roots level. The philosophy of “Sports for All, Forever,” is shared by over 700,000 participants and over 150,000 volunteers.
We abide by the “AAU DANCE MISSION” to:
- CREATE an ENVIRONMENT where kindness, acceptance and inclusiveness is the norm not the exception.
- EDUCATE through programs and resources which will empower youth Dance Sports programs worldwide.
- ENCOURAGE youth development by providing opportunities for personal and athletic growth, promoting sportsmanship, self-esteem, and the development of life skills through engaging youth in dance sports while providing a safe, healthy, positive environment where the youth of our community can learn fundamentals.
- ENHANCE the lives of athletes by building self-image, confidence and leadership skills
- DEVELOP positive and fair systems of measurement furthering Dance acceptance by the IOC.
AAU Dance – AAU DanceSport aspires to be an outstanding educational-athletic sport that provides a high-quality experience.